How To Setup mcThings Platform With mcModule To Track Temperature/VoltageFriday, February 17, 2017
In order to integrate mcThings with Losant to read temperature and voltage data, you need at least a mcModule, a mcDongle, a mcGateway, a USB stick, coin cell CR2032 batteries, two micro USB data/power cables and mc-Studio IDE software (free to download).
1) Sign up with Losant to create an account
2) Create a New Application
3) Create new device
4) Select Start from Scratch
5) Create a Gateway (you can call it any name you like)
6) Create a Peripheral (you can call it any name you like) and then select the name of the Gateway you created in step 5.
8) Connect the mcGateway to your WiFi network. You can do this by using an ethernet cable to connect the mcGateway to your router. You ou can connect also via WPS WiFi pairing, or via the mcStudio IDE.
Before inserting the USB stick into the mcGateway board, disconnect the power/data cable from the mcGateway and insert the USB stick. Then, reconnect the power cable and hold down both buttons (RESET and USER SW). The flashing green LED on the mcGateway board will show solid green for a few seconds, indicating the application software is being updated. when the green light starts flashing again, the application processor updating process has completed.
15) Now, we are ready to create a widget from the Losant dashboard to visualize the data. In this case, temperature and battery voltage. First, we create a dashboard
Then, select a Block. In my case, I selected GAUGE
Enter the information applicable to you. Choose an Application, Gauge Type, Precision Type, Duration, all can be set how you like. Device IDs / Tags (enter the device module you created). For Label and Attribute you must enter Celcius and Temperature.
To visualize BatteryVoltage, simply enter "Voltage" under label and select "BatteryVoltage" under attribute.